Help to stay in your home

Click here for information and advice for landlords and tenants during the Coronavirus pandemic

Wherever we live we are all responsible for paying our housing costs, including rent, mortgages, council tax, gas, water and electricity.

If you are having financial difficulties and need help on how to manage your money, dealing with debt or need benefit advice then please see:

Debt and arrears

Housing benefit and DHP

Mortgage advice

If you are finding it difficult to live in your home because of your disability, you may be eligible to apply for a grant to have your home adapted or a flexible home loan.

You may be coping financially but struggling with other aspects of living in your home. There are many services and organisations that offer free advice and support:

More support options

If you are experiencing domestic violence from someone you are living with or from someone that knows where you live and you need advice on staying safe and if staying in your home is your best option, then contact:

Oxfordshire Domestic Abuse service on 0800 731 0055

They will provide advice on safety measures, legal advice and risk assessments.

If you are a social tenant, you must contact your landlord (housing association) and advise them on your difficulties as they may be able to offer additional advice on keeping you safe in your property.

Last reviewed: 06 - 04 - 2020

Was this page helpful?YesNo