Accessible countryside in South Oxfordshire
South Oxfordshire offers visitors a wealth of beautiful countryside to experience. There are many ways to spend an enjoyable day out, from picnicking at a stunning viewpoint to visiting the wooded hills of the Chilterns and the rich grasslands of the North Wessex Downs.
Interactive map - find accessible countryside in South Oxfordshire
You can also find information about accessible countryside from Oxfordshire Country Council's countryside access section. Here you will find information about scenic paths that are suitable for people with limited mobility, providing simple accessibility information such as parking, slopes and restrictions.
For more information on what South Oxfordshire has to offer please see our tourism pages.
Other useful links for accessible countryside information
- Woodland Trust - the UK's leading conservation charity, dedicated to the protection of our native woodland heritage.
- National Trust - protects and opens to the public over 300 historic houses and gardens and 49 industrial monuments and mills.
- Forestry Commission - the government department responsible for the protection and expansion of Britain's forests and woodlands.
- - based in South Oxfordshire, manages an estate of 300 hectares, including Little Wittenham Nature Reserve, a conservation farm and a new woodland dedicated to forestry research.
- The Berks, Bucks & Oxon Wildlife Trust - find out about nature reserves to visit, great days out, wildlife advice.
- Didcot Town Council
- RSPB - the UK charity working to secure a healthy environment for birds and other wildlife, helping to create a better world for us all.
- National Trails - long distance routes for walking, cycling and horse riding through the finest landscapes in England and Wales.
- Sustrans the UK's leading sustainable transport charity.
- Natural England - works for people, places and nature to conserve and enhance biodiversity, landscapes and wildlife in rural, urban, coastal and marine areas.
Last reviewed: 28 - 07 - 2016