Community Loan Scheme
South Oxfordshire District Council has £5,000,000 available in community loans for registered charities and town and parish councils to apply for.
These loans, which can be between £50,000 and £1,000,000, must be used to help fund projects such as the purchase of land and buildings, new build or building refurbishments. Loans cannot be used to support revenue expenditure.
Loans are lent at the Public Works Loan Board (PWLB) five year equal instalment payment (EIP) fixed rate plus a premium of 0.5%. (N.B. The PWLB five year EIP fixed rate on 2 April 2012 was 1.6%). In this example the rate charged would be 2.2%.
Organisations can apply for a community loan in addition to any capital grant funding they may receive from the council.
The scheme will be open for applications (funds permitting) on an ongoing basis.
To enquire about applying for a community loan please see contact details on this page.
Key points about the loan scheme:
- loans will only be available to eligible organisations
- loans can be no more than 30% of the total project costs
- maximum repayment period for a loan is 15 years
- interest will be payable on any loan taken out
- no early repayment fees apply
- the applicant may be required to provide a valuation from an independent valuer.
Last reviewed: 25 - 02 - 2015