We closed at noon on 15 November 2018 and are not accepting new applications.
Key eligibility criteria/project requirements
You can apply to us for a minimum of £1,000 and up to 50 per cent of the cost of a project if:
- you’re a town/parish council or are a not-for-profit organisation with a constitution or memorandum and articles of association
- you have a capital* project in mind that will benefit our residents and will take place in our district (or within a 3-mile radius)
- you’re planning to complete the project in the next 12-18 months (although work shouldn’t already have started)
- we haven’t funded this specific project already
*as a general rule if the project will improve, completely replace or create a new facility it’s probably capital expenditure. Please note that we do not fund vehicle purchases, despite this being capital expenditure.
We don’t fund projects that fall to other statutory and/or public sector bodies to provide, like roads/footpaths, children’s centres, health services and schools, academies or free schools.
Please note you’ll need to provide the following documents with your application:
- Your signed constitution or memorandum and articles of association
- Two quotes for the whole project (possible alternatives may be permitted but only if agreed by the grants team in advance)
- Your latest bank statements and balances for all accounts in the organisations name
- Copies of your last two years accounts (audited if available) or for new organisations you will need detailed working budgets, income and expenditure to date and financial forecasts for at least three years
- Any permissions required including; (full) planning, listed building, landlord permissions, environment agency. if you apply without permissions that are required your application will be rejected.
- Minutes from a meeting of your organisation agreeing to make this application and authorising you to make the application on their behalf
- Copies of your evidence of ownership/tenure (leases must have at least ten years left on the term). Requests over £25,000 your evidence of ownership/tenue must be land registry title documents. Requests under £25,000 for portable equipment must confirm how the equipment will stay available to the community for at least five years, especially if they were to move premises.
- Start and end dates for your project that work with the time limits for our scheme. Requests over £10,000 should have at least three months between our decision date and your start date. This is to give us time to complete the required grant agreements (and possible charge on the title). If you ask for under £10,000 there should be at least four weeks between our decision date and you starting work.
Last reviewed: 17 - 12 - 2018