The 2017/18 capital grants scheme is now closed. We plan to reopen in the new financial year.
Key eligibility criteria/project requirements
You can apply to us for a minimum of £1,000 and up to 50 per cent of the cost of a project if:
- you’re a town/parish council or are a not-for-profit organisation with a constitution or memorandum and articles of association
- you have a capital* project in mind that will benefit our residents and will take place in our district (or within a 3-mile radius)
- you’re planning to complete the project in the next 12-18 months (although work shouldn’t already have started)
- we haven’t funded this specific project already
*as a general rule if the project will improve, completely replace or create a new facility it’s probably capital expenditure. Please note that we do not fund vehicle purchases, despite this being capital expenditure.
We don’t fund projects that fall to other statutory and/or public sector bodies to provide, like roads/footpaths, children’s centres, health services and schools, academies or free schools.
We will release the opening dates for 2018/19 shortly however, they are likely to be similar to the 2017/18 opening dates.
The opening dates for 2017/18 were:
- Round one: 8 March to 30 April 2017
- Round two: 15 July to 6 September 2017 - Now closed
- Round three: This round will not open as the budget has been awarded
Advice and exceptions
We hold advice workshops to offer potential applicants advice and guidance on our grant scheme, the application process and some information about other sources of funding they may be able to access.
We will release dates for the 2018/2019 shortly.
Please note you’ll need to provide the following documents with your application:
- Your signed constitution or memorandum and articles of association
- Two quotes (or a professional estimate) for the whole project
- Your latest bank statements and balances for all accounts in the organisations name
- Copies of your last two years accounts (audited if available) or for new organisations, detailed working budgets and financial records since you began operating
- Any permissions required including; planning, listed building, landlord permissions
- Minutes from a meeting of your organisation agreeing to make this application, authorising you to make the application on their behalf and authorising two relevant officers/members of the organisation to act as signatory in relation to this grant application and any acceptance forms/agreements relating to it.
- Copies of your Land Registry evidence of ownership/tenure (a registered a lease with at least ten years left on the term). If you have a lease you will need to give us a copy of your lease as well. For grants under £25,000 towards mobile equipment evidence of ownership is welcome but not mandatory
- Start and end dates for your project that work with the time limits for our scheme. Requests over £10,000 should have at least three months between our decision date and your start date. This is to give us time to complete the required grant agreements (and possible charge on the title). If you ask for under £10,000 there should be at least four weeks between our decision date and you starting work.
Last reviewed: 07 - 11 - 2017