Licensing Enforcement Policy
Information on Licensing Enforcement Policy since the introduction of the Licensing Act 2003.
The Council's Licensing Enforcement Policy aims to help advise businesses and members of the public how they can avoid coming into conflict with licensing legislation. It also provides information on how the Council will deal with licensed premises that do not comply with the law.
It is our intention to undertaken enforcement in a fair, proportionate and consistent manner, and in a way that will not result in any party being subjected to an unreasonable burden.
For a copy of the policy, see the downloads section of this page. Alternatively, copies are available from the Council offices during normal working hours (9am-5pm Mon-Thursday, 9am - 4:30pm Friday). We can supply copies in other languages, large text, braille or audio format upon request.
The Council has the responsibility to advise, determine and enforce a number of licensing regimes. The areas covered by this policy include:
Alcohol, Regulated Entertainment and Late Night Refreshment
- The sale and supply of all alcohol, whether for consumption on or off the premises
- Regulated entertainment involving music, singing and dancing
- Indoor sports, films, plays; and
- Late night refreshment after 23:00 hours
Animal Health and Welfare
- Animal boarding establishments
- Dangerous wild animals
- Dog breeding establishments
- Pet shops
- Riding establishments
- Game dealers
- House to house and street collections
- Amusement arcades
- Small lotteries
- Amusement with prize machines
- Track betting
Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Vehicles
- Hackney Carriage and Private Hire drivers
- proprietors and operators
- Sex establishments
- Scrap metal dealers
- Street trading
If you require further information on the Licensing Enforcement Policy, please contact Licensing.
Last reviewed: 29 - 07 - 2016