Put your real tree to good use after Christmas – recycle it!
When the festivities are all done, residents in Southern Oxfordshire are being encouraged to make sure their real Christmas trees are put to good use by recycling them.
Garden waste customers simply need to leave their real tree next to their brown bins on their usual collection day:
• week commencing Monday 15 January in South Oxfordshire
However, residents do not have to be signed up to garden waste collections to recycle their real trees. They simply need to take it along to one of the drop-off points being set up by South Oxfordshire District Council.
Details of the drop-off locations are available on the councils’ website here.
Last year a total of 2,384 real Christmas trees were collected and recycled from the various drop off points in Southern Oxfordshire. This is in addition to the trees that were left next to the brown garden waste bins.
Cllr Tony Harbour, cabinet member for waste and recycling at South Oxfordshire District Council, said: “It doesn’t matter whether you live in South Oxfordshire or Vale of White Horse – you can take your real Christmas tree to any one of the locations across Southern Oxfordshire to be recycled. Please remember to remove stands and decorations and if you’re a garden waste customer, please simply leave your tree next to your brown bin – they have a tendency to get stuck inside the bins which can cause problems for the crews.”
Notes to editors
The drop-off locations for real Christmas trees are:
Before Thursday 11 January
• Appleford recreation field car park
• Milton burial ground
Before Sunday 14 January
• Brightwell - Root One
• Christmas Common - The Tree Barn
• Henley - Toad Hall
• Nuneham Courney - Notcutts Garden Centre
• Sonning Common - Herb Farm
• Wheatley - Waterperry Gardens
• Chinnor - Whites Field Car Park - Mill Lane
• Thame - Cattlemarket car park
Before Monday 15 January
• Beckley - Folly Farm, Common Road
• Towersey - Sports and Social Club car park and Village Green
Before Tuesday 16 January
• Ewelme - Recreation ground car park - Common Road
• Watlington- Church car park (left of the grass by the fence)
Before Thursday 18 January
• Aston Tirrold and Aston Upthorpe - Recreation ground car park - Chalk Hill
• Brightwell-cum-Sotwell - Recreation ground car park
• Cholsey - Pavillion car park