The communications team works to improve the way in which the council communicates with people who live and work in the district.
We do this using a range of communication channels, including:
- The council website, which we are responsible for maintaining and developing
- Press releases and news
- Publications including our residents' newsletter
- Public relations campaigns
South Oxfordshire District Council communications team is joint with the Vale of White Horse, so we can deal with any enquiries about the Vale of White Horse at the same time as South Oxfordshire Media enquiries.
To find out the latest news from the council please see our news pages. You can also follow us on and sign up for news alerts by email.
The communications team comprises:
- Andy Roberts, Communications Team leader
- Charlotte Westgate, Principal Communications Officer
- Emma East, Senior Communications Officer
- Lucy Billen, Senior Communications Officer
- Gavin Walton, Communications Officer
- Karen Dodd, Chair's PA and Events organiser
How the team can help
- Press enquiries
- Organising interviews with councillors or employee for television or radio
- Clarifying what services the council is responsible for
- Supplying the council's logo for websites or publication
How do I make a press enquiry?
To make a press enquiry you should phone the communications team on 01235 422400. A communications officer will deal with the enquiry and aim to get back to you as soon as possible.
How can I find out what services the council is responsible for?
Oxfordshire has a two-tier system of local government. This means that your council services are provided by two different councils. South Oxfordshire District Council run services such as planning, housing and waste collection, while Oxfordshire County Council is responsible for running services such as libraries, schools and social care.
Who should I contact for press enquiries about issues that the district council is not responsible for?
Contact details for other communications teams in Oxfordshire
- Oxfordshire County Council 01865 810256
- Thames Valley Police 01865 266030 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group 01865 336831/336788/336789
- Oxford City Council 01865 252096
- West Oxfordshire District Council 01993 861615
- Cherwell District Council 01295 221870
How do I make a Freedom of Information request?
Visit the Freedom of Information request section.
Can I attend the council's meetings?
Anyone can attend council meetings. Visit our meetings and agendas page to find out dates, venues and agendas for all our meetings.
How do I get the Council's Chairman to attend or support my event or cause?
You should contact the Chairman's PA on who will be able to help you further.
Last reviewed: 29 - 01 - 2020