Current and upcoming Road Closures
Details of upcoming road closures can be found below:
- *ongoing - Whitchurch Bridge - closed for strengthening works, currently expected to reopen in July
- *28 July for 6 months - Didcot - diversions will be in place around Foxhall Rd to allow for improvements to be made to the railway bridge. The alternative route for traffic affected by the closure is via B4493, A4130 Didcot Perimeter Road and Basil Hill Road
- *18 August - Henley - temporary closure from Greys Road from its junction with Duke Street and Church Street for eight weeks for gas mains renewal works
- *18 August - Goring Heath - temporary speed limit of 30mph at B471 Crays Pond to Whitchurch Hill for three days
- *27 August -Benson - Littleworth Rd will be closed between 9pm and 5am to allow for sewer cleaning
- *12 September - various locations - will be in place during the day between Wantage and Chinnor for the Tour of Britain Cycle Race.
Please note - road closures marked * have been authorised by Oxfordshire County Council and not South Oxfordshire District Council please click on OCC Road Closure Map for more details. To discuss OCC closures, please call 0845 3101111.
Queries regarding temporary road closures put in place by South Oxfordshire district council can be emailed to TemRdClosure@southandvale.gov.uk.
Last reviewed: 31 - 07 - 2014