Current and upcoming Road Closures
Details of upcoming road closures can be found below:
- *ongoing - Whitchurch Bridge - closed for strengthening works, currently expected to reopen in July
- *5 March onwards - Playhatch - Playhatch Rd - B478 between A4155 Henley Rd to the west of Spring Lane - due to an unstable road
- *7 July - Aston Rowant and Sydenham - Unnamed road northeast from Sydenham will be closed for eight weeks for sewerage connection works
- *7 July - Henley - temporary closure and no waiting restriction at Greys Road for five days due to carriageway maintenance works
- *7 July for 4 days - Tiddington - Sandy Land will be closed for gas installation works
- *12 July for 3 days - Beckley - New Inn Rd between its junction with the B4027 Wheatley Rd and High Street will be closed to facilitate fibre optic cable works
- *27 July - Didcot - a number of road closures will be in place on roads surrounding Didcot Power Station between 2am and 6am to allow for the demolition of south towers
- *28 July for 6 months - Didcot - diversions will be in place around Foxhall Rd to allow for improvements to be made to the railway bridge. The alternative route for traffic affected by the closure is via B4493, A4130 Didcot Perimeter Road and Basil Hill Road
- *18 August - Henley - temporary closure from Greys Road from its junction with Duke Street and Church Street for eight weeks for gas mains renewal works
- *18 August - Goring Heath - temporary speed limit of 30mph at B471 Crays Pond to Whitchurch Hill for three days
Please note - road closures marked * have been authorised by Oxfordshire County Council and not South Oxfordshire District Council please click on OCC Road Closure Map for more details. To discuss OCC closures, please call 0845 3101111.
Queries regarding temporary road closures put in place by South Oxfordshire district council can be emailed to TemRdClosure@southandvale.gov.uk.
Last reviewed: 22 - 07 - 2014