Occasional Use Notice

Occasional Use Notices (OUNs) (73.8 KB) PDF allow the occasional betting activities at tracks for short periods without the requirement for a betting premises licence. This must be completed and sent to the Licensing Team at our office address.

OUNs can only be used for eight days or less in one calendar year in one location. If the event is to take place on consecutive days, one OUN must be given for each day.

There is no charge. An OUN can only be given by a person who is responsible for the administration of events on the track or an occupier of the track. A copy of the notice must also be served on the Police for the area where the track is located by sending to:
Licensing, Thames Valley Police Headquarters (South), KIDLINGTON, Oxfordshire OX5 2NX

Last reviewed: 18 - 04 - 2017

Was this page helpful?YesNo