South Oxfordshire District Council's statement of strategic intent is 'to work in partnership to maintain and improve the quality of life in South Oxfordshire'.
What is partnership working?
Put simply a partnership is two or more organisations working together towards common interests and goals.
Partnership working has many benefits including:
- Sharing resources to achieve common goals
- Access to ideas and skills of others
- Support to maintain momentum and commitment
- Learning from seeing others' perspective
- Ability to secure funding that requires partnership working
- Deliver an end result which is satisfactory to a wide range of people
Partnerships in South Oxfordshire
The former South Oxfordshire Partnership (SOP) produced 'Our place, our future: the sustainable community strategy for South Oxfordshire.' The Partnership is now a networking group rather than a formal strategic partnership, known as the South Oxfordshire Networking Group.
Partnerships in Oxfordshire
brings together organisations from the public, private, voluntary and community sectors to focus their efforts on those things that are important to people who live in, work in and visit Oxfordshire and, more importantly, to do something about them.
Further information on partnerships
For more information, please contact the community partnerships manager using the community partnership email address on the right.
Last reviewed: 15 - 02 - 2018