Statement of accounts
After the end of each financial year (31 March) the council has to publish a formal statement of accounts. These are compiled in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and the Local Authority Accounting Code of Practice. The statement includes:
- an explanatory foreword
- a statement of its income and expenditure for the year
- a statement showing the value of its assets at the end of the year
- a statement showing the movement in its cash balances
All documents are available in the downloads section of this webpage.
AUDIT OF ACCOUNTS
Notice is hereby given that:
1. The authority’s auditors, Ernst & Young LLP, have completed the audit of the accounts of South Oxfordshire District Council for the year ended 31 March 2018.
2. The Statement of Accounts for 2017-2018 (containing the auditor’s opinion and certificate) are open to inspection by any local government elector for the council’s area, on application to the Head of Finance and Chief Finance Officer, South Oxfordshire District Council, 135 Eastern Avenue, Milton Park, Abingdon, OX14 4SB, on any weekday between 9.00am and 4.30pm.
3. A local government elector may make copies of the Statement of Accounts (in full or part), or have copies delivered on payment of £6 each.
The Statement of Accounts is also available to download free of charge from this page.
Last reviewed: 19 - 10 - 2018