Statement of accounts
After the end of each financial year (31 March) the council has to publish a formal statement of accounts. These are compiled in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and the Local Authority Accounting Code of Practice. The statement includes:
- an explanatory foreword
- a statement of its income and expenditure for the year
- a statement showing the value of its assets at the end of the year
- a statement showing the movement in its cash balances
Statement of Accounts 2016/17
The Statement of Accounts for 2016/17 was signed by the Chief Finance Officer on 23 June 2017 and approved by the council's Joint Audit and Governance Committee on 25 September 2017. You can download a copy of the audited Statement of Accounts from the downloads section of this page.
Audit of accounts 2016/17
Notice is hereby given that:
1. The authority's auditors, Ernst & Young LLP, has completed the audit of the accounts of South Oxfordshire District Council for the year ended 31 March 2017.
2. The Statement of Accounts for 2016/17 (containing the auditor's opinion and certificate) are open to inspection by any local government elector for the council's area, on application to the Head of Finance and Chief Finance Officer, South Oxfordshire District Council, 135 Eastern Avenue, Milton Park, Abingdon, OX14 4SB, on any weekday between 9.00am and 4.30pm.
3. A local government elector may make copies of the Statement of Accounts (in full or part), or have copies delivered on payment of £6 each.
The Statement of Accounts is also available to download free of charge from this page.William Jacobs Head of Finance and Chief Finance Officer 27 September 2017
Last reviewed: 27 - 09 - 2017