Cash or cheques
Cash, cheque or postal order
Your Council Tax or Business Rates can be paid by cash, cheque or postal order free of charge at any branch of the Post Office.
PLEASE NOTE PAYMENTS MAY TAKE UP TO 7 DAYS TO REACH YOUR ACCOUNT IF PAYING AT THE POST OFFICE
Are you wasting time or money on any of the following?
- Drawing money out of your bank or building society
- Writing out cheques
- Obtaining postal orders from the Post Office
- Travelling to and queuing up at the bank or Post Office
- Paying for envelopes and postage
- Worrying about whether your payment has been received
If the answer to any of these is YES, have you thought about switching to direct debit?
Last reviewed: 06 - 06 - 2018