Residents' survey 2015
Our most recent survey showed that residents remain largely satisfied with the way the council goes about its work and the services it provides.
We spoke to 1,107 residents on the doorstep and asked them about their views of the council and the services we provide.
Over three quarters of residents surveyed (77 per cent) said they were satisfied with how the council runs things, whilst eight in ten (81 per cent) thought that the quality of services we offer was good overall.
According to the survey, a key factor behind residents’ satisfaction is a perception that the council was delivering services in a cost-effective manner. Over two-thirds of our residents agreed that the council provided value for money. Agreement with this statement increased 9 per cent on 2014 and is the best rating we have received since the residents’ surveys began in 2005.
The survey also found that:
- Satisfaction with the majority of services provided by the council has increased or stayed the same in most cases
- Waste and recycling continues to be our top performing service area in terms of residents' satisfaction
- The services that residents rate as the most important are also the services with the highest levels of user satisfaction
- Fewer people felt they could influence the work of the council (29 per cent) than in previous years
- A greater number of residents said they had volunteered in the past 12 months (29 per cent) than in 2014 (25 per cent)
A report summarising the findings of the 2015 residents’ survey can be downloaded here
Last reviewed: 10 - 03 - 2016